Volunteer and Intern opportunities vary by season, time commitment, and location. Opportunities include:
1) assisting with outdoor Nature Preschool exploration https://www.thornenaturepreschool.org/,
2) leading 2nd Grade Field Trip Programs in Boulder and Longmont http://thornenature.org/school-programs/field-trips/,
3) co-facilitating After School Programs in Boulder County schools http://thornenature.org/school-programs/after-school/, and
4) assisting with Summer Camp Programs across Boulder County’s open spaces http://thornenature.org/summer-camp/.
Volunteers and Interns work closely with Thorne staff to mentor youth along their journey of nature connection, and will get more connected to nature themselves.
Full position descriptions are on Thorne's website. Please complete our online Volunteer and Intern Application to get started at Thorne!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gwen at 303.499.3647 x103 or Gwen@thornenature.org.
• Must be 16 or older
• A love of Environmental Education, Environmental Studies, Biology, Geology, Education, or related field preferred
• An interest or strong desire to work with children
• Some knowledge or interest in Colorado ecology, natural science, or natural resources
Category: Education, Teaching, Environment, Natural Resources
Start Date: Ongoing
Trainings are held in September, January, March, and May.
Most volunteers work with our programs for 1-2 semesters.
Timing is flexible.