Summary: The role of our Store Volunteer is to create a welcoming atmosphere by providing a dignified and respectful experience through upholding A Precious Child's core values and are passionate about our mission. Children and families shop in our Resource Center, which is set up like a retail store, for clothing items and essential needs items, all provided at no charge from donations. This position assists clients during their shopping visit, replenishes and organizes areas throughout the store and checks out clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Start and end shift with completing “Daily Do” tasks.
· Stock store floor.
· Checkout clients.
· Help by assisting as a personal shopper.
· Help maintain a clean store floor and ensure it is ready for clients.
· Advise store manager of any potential dangerous situations.
· Bring shopping carts inside.
· Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
· Be on their feet for long periods of time, if not the full shift.
· Be welcoming to volunteers, staff, and all clients.
· Able to multitask.
· Be detail oriented.
· Have a set schedule of 1 shift per week.
· Schedules will be based upon the current needs in the Store.
· At least one 3 or 4 hour shift once a week. Shift times are 9-12PM, 11-2PM, or 2-5PM for a 6-month commitment.