Children First of the Rockies is the only supervised visitation center in Boulder County. We provide a safe environment for a child to spend time with a parent while that parent is working on behavioral issues such as domestic abuse, drug and/or alcohol abuse, severe mental illness or family reunification.
Our services are designed with an emphasis on safety - separate entrances, staggered arrival and departure times, video surveillance and keypad access entries. Over 90 percent of our visiting families qualify for services on our sliding fee scale.
Services are offered between 3 – 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday so applicants must be available to work evenings/weekends.
The Supervised Visitation Monitor conducts monitoring of supervised visits and/or exchanges for our families.
· review of client files for familiarity with family situation
· monitoring and documentation of visit interactions
· intervention for inappropriate behavior
· client fee processing
· post-visit review with visiting party, if necessary
Training will include:
· documentation standards
· intervention protocols
· safety protocols
· additional inter-personal skills such as de-escalation and giving feedback skills
Working at Children First of the Rockies will provide the student with:
· an introduction to the different forms of supervised visitation and the role of supervised visitation centers within the legal system
· exposure to the underlying reasons for supervised visitation
· exposure to family systems
· observation of child-family dynamics and children at risk
· participation in specific case/incident review
· access to extensive training library on issues related to supervised visitation
The successful candidate will be good at multi-tasking (must be able to observe and listen to visit interactions while typing on a laptop), comfortable for sitting for a minimum of one hour and solid writing skills. The successful candidate will also need to pass a background check. Spanish language skills are a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter including three personal references to our Program Manager, Neida Mendez, firstname.lastname@example.org.