Travel Unity's Youth Advisory Council (TUYAC) is seeking student leaders to participate in a 10- week virtual training program followed by 3 months (minimum) of leadership service for 15-20 year olds to gain leadership and applied professional skills. Students are introduced to the world of travel and basic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion concepts.
Once on the council, TUYAC works with local elementary and high schools to introduce students to the world of travel and basic DEI concepts. TUYAC works directly with TU staff to organize excursions, create educational content, and run our Youth Social media account. TUYAC also works with TU staff and board on fundraising for our Youth Programs.
TUYAC TRAINING: TUYAC training is a virtual 10 week virtual training for young people to learn about the travel industry, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and storytelling. Participants are offered opportunities to develop their leadership and professional skills while learning about one another’s backgrounds and passions. After receiving their certificate, training graduates become members of the Travel Unity Youth Advisory Council (TUYAC). To learn more and apply visit: travelunity.org/tuyac
- Youth ages 15-20 can apply
- Must complete the 10-week virtual training course. The duration of each weekly course session is 90 minutes
- Must commit to a minimum of 3 months engagement with Travel Unity post training
- Weekly time commitment of 3-5 hours per week.
- Earn over 20 hours in community service hours
- Meet friends from all over the US and Canada
- Network with Travel Industry professionals
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.