As a skills-based volunteer, your role will be to provide professional technical assistance and work with a small business owner that falls within your scope of professional experience and/or subject matter expertise. If you are skilled in the areas of marketing, finance, accounting and more you are invited to volunteer with our Small Business Accelerator Program. As a volunteer in our 10-week program, you will work with a small business owner in our community, helping them learn critical skills to grow their business.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience working in within your scope of subject matter expertise.
- Familiar with community resources available to small businesses in Metro Denver
- Understanding the challenges of running a small business
- Access to a computer with internet and webcam
Commitment & Location:
During the week of the curriculum which requires your expertise, availability on the Friday and Tuesday after the Wednesday session will be needed. In person and virtual office hours will be held on both Friday and Tuesday from 5pm-8pm.
A required training session will be provided to all volunteers.
Volunteer Need and Areas of Focus:
- Venture Investor/Bank Investor Volunteer: 4-5 Volunteers Needed
- Market Research Volunteer: 4-5 Volunteers Needed
- Financial Planning Volunteer: 8-10 Volunteers Needed
- Marketing Communications Volunteer: 8-10 Volunteers Needed
- Accounting Volunteer: 4-5 Volunteers Needed
Accelerator Program will run from January 17, 2024-March 20, 2024 and we are actively recruiting volunteers now! To learn more about this opportunity please contact the Volunteer Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In-person training is being held on January 10, 2023 from 6pm-7:30pm.