|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Close Date||Aug 16, 2017 12:00am or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
Joshua's Stage is seeking compassionate volunteers to support children with special needs for our after-school program.
Location: The Williams Community School, 5209 Duval Road, Austin, TX 78727
Days and Times: Mondays thru Thursdays 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Fridays 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Activities: arts and crafts, theatre arts, music, dance, photography, playground time
Joshua's Stage - The Exceptional Experience for the Exceptional Child - is the premiere performance center for children ages 3 to 18 with a wide range of special needs; featuring classes, workshops, camps, performances, and exhibits in theatre arts, dance, digital photography, and filmmaking.
Joshua’s Stage uses The Creative Outlet Method™. The Creative Outlet Method™ is the process used to enhance every student’s unique abilities while providing the opportunity to demonstrate their creativity and to increase their self-confidence.
To foster and maintain a warm and welcoming environment for every student, qualified staff and volunteers are trained in The Creative Outlet Method™ and they will:
· Develop and maintain a strong, positive relationship with every student.
· Celebrate every student’s unique abilities while providing positive praise to every student.
· Provide an environment for every student to feel successful, and recognize student accomplishments by using our “I Feel Good Applause”.
· Support students so that they encourage each other to achieve their best.
· Create and conduct activities with confidence, patience, flexibility, and with our passion for theatre arts, dance, digital photography, or filmmaking.
Volunteers must be able to pass a background check. Volunteers should have experience working with children with special needs, and a passion and/or strong interests for the fine arts.
|Parking Details||Parking is available in the school parking lot.|
|Causes||Arts & Culture Autism Children & Youth Special Needs|
|Skills||Arts and Crafts Child Care Help w/People Performing Arts Photography Teaching|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours