The mission of Boulder Public Library is to connect people, ideas, and information to transform lives and strengthen our community. Community members and CU Boulder students are encouraged to get involved as library users and/or volunteers. Volunteer for a one-time event or an ongoing program at any of our library branches, shop at Paper&Spine Used Bookstore, and visit our locally owned coffee shop, Tonantzin Casa de Café at Boulder Main Library to enjoy snacks and a study spot with a view overlooking Boulder Creek!
Volunteers are a core part of our team and provide excellent programs and services for our community. Volunteers are involved in the library’s work in many ways including:
- Partnering with adults and kids to build literacy skills.
- Capturing oral histories
- Bringing library materials to those who cannot get to the library.
- Tidying up our library shelves
- Sorting donated materials and stocking our bookstore
- Helping with special events and programs
- Answering technology questions
- Teaching kids and adults the strategy through Go Club
- Providing administrative support to our departments
- Advising our library on and creating teen programs