Move-In and Fall Welcome is back and we need your help again!
Fall Welcome is the official welcome to campus for new students as well as a welcome back to campus for all of our continuing students. We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to make this a smooth and exciting experience for our campus. Fall Welcome will take place from August 14th through the 26th.
Please sign up below by selecting an event you're interested in volunteering for. Within each of those events are various shifts and times of availability. When you find the event and shift you want, just click the register button and answer the few questions included.
Move-In Volunteer Roles:
- Welcome Bag Distribution Volunteer - Welcome Bag Distributors will serve both in the capacity of greeting students with enthusiasm, as well as distributing their welcome bag & class t-shirt. This role could be seated, or standing, depending on the volunteer's preference. To be successful in this role, volunteers should have enthusiasm and willingness to pull students into conversation. The primary function of this role is to help create a fun, exciting, atmosphere during the check-in process.
- Elevator Operator Volunteer - Elevator control volunteers will support operations by staffing the elevator while it is on manual control. This volunteer will ensure the efficient loading of the elevator and will take the student to the correct floor. This role will largely be standing for the duration of their shift and will be located inside or near elevators. The primary function of this role is to help ensure efficient utilization of elevator capacity.
- Golf Cart Shuttle Volunteer - (open to CU Staff and Faculty only) must have a valid driver's license and take the online Defensive Driving Training- shuttle visitors with mobility assistance from parking structures to Residence Halls and answer questions while providing a welcoming environment.
- Carts & Recycling Volunteer - Luggage cart volunteers, when possible, will work in pairs to walk through residential corridors to round up luggage carts and return them to the check-out locations. While making rounds of the buildings, volunteers may also be collecting any discarded cardboard boxes that families have left in stairwells and corridors and taking them to recycling locations. This role will primarily be functioning indoors and will require the volunteer to walk, climb stairs, and stand for the duration of their shift. The primary function of this role is to help ensure that luggage carts are available for arriving families.
- Traffic & Parking Support Volunteer - will assist in directing traffic and helping new students, their families, and guests find their appropriate parking lot.
Signature Event Volunteer
- Be Involved Fair Volunteer - will assist Be Involved Fair in Norlin Quad team with various support roles such as chalking and sign placement, supporting check-in, directional support, surveying attendees, and clean up. Volunteers will meet at the main tent.
- Buff Stops Volunteers - Help new Buffs navigate their first day of class by answering questions, handing out campus maps, and sharing directions to their next classroom building!
- CUnity Fest Volunteers - Volunteers will help with either set-up or take-down operations and moving tables and chairs.
- International Student Orientation Check-In - Help finalize set up for International Student Orientation and then help check students in! You might: Move boxes, arrange supplies, hand out t-shirts, check folks in via an app, or answer questions about the schedule or campus life.
- Graduate Student Orientation Check-In - Help finalize set up for Graduate Student Orientation and then help check students in! You might: Move boxes, arrange supplies, hand out t-shirts, check folks in via an app, and answer questions about the schedule or campus. Volunteers will meet at the UMC South Terrace tent.
- Buff Orientation Check-In - Help finalize set up for International Student Orientation and then help check students in! You might: Move boxes, arrange supplies, hand out t-shirts, check folks in via an app, and answer questions about the schedule or campus life.
- PES Check-In - Help Program in Exploratory Studies students check in for their College Day! Volunteers will support PES advisors in handing out nametags and schedules to incoming students.
- CU Neighborhood Block Party - Volunteers will assist with food distribution, line management, directional support, and engagement.
- Welcome to Our Herd - Volunteers will help seat students according to college, encourage student participation & energy during the event, and help direct student traffic as the event concludes. Meet at the buffalo statue at 8:00am to connect with NSFP staff and get directions for the day.
- CU Kickoff - Assist with student traffic flow to appropriate sections for seating. Support student questions and directions to restroom or other associated needs. Volunteers will meet at the Ralphie statue outside of Folsom Field.
- Spirit Night - Volunteers will provide event support and engage with students, assist vendors, help to manage lines and support students with questions. Volunteers will meet at the tents on Lot 360.
- WelcomeFest Concert Ticketing Support - Volunteers will assist with distributing the wristbands to students who will use them to enter the concert. Volunteers will swipe Buff OneCards and look up students via identikey/student ID. Meet at the primary ticketing location between Farrand Hall and the east side of Farrand Field.
- WelcomeFest Concert Event Support - Volunteers will primarily assist with entry to the event, checking students for tickets/wristbands and explaining venue rules/policies. Some volunteers may also be asked to float around the event, generally observing the event and checking areas like perimeter fencing. Meet at the primary ticketing location between Farrand Hall and the east side of Farrand Field.
How to Sign Up:
1. Identify which volunteer roles and times fit your schedule (most people sign up for more than one spot).
2. Scroll through the list by event and date, and click on an opportunity you would like to volunteer for. Click REGISTER at the top of the screen and proceed through the information. p
3. Read and agree to the attached volunteer waiver, then, click Finish.
We have attached the volunteer waiver that you need to agree to at the end of the signup process. Everyone is required to sign it unless you are a CU Staff member being directed to support Fall Welcome as part of your work.
If You Need to Cancel a Shift
1) Log into you CU Serves Account
2) Select "My Activity", located on the top right of the portal
3) Select "Registrations"
4) Press the list mode to find the registration
5) Identify the shift you would like to cancel and navigate to the right of the registration to find a drop-down menu
6) Click the drop-down menu and select "Cancel Registration"
7) A pop-up will appear to confirm the cancellation, select "ok"