2023 National Volunteer Week with Mile High United Way
Sister Carmen Community Center-Spring Garden Kick-off
|Shift Name||Sister Carmen Community Center-Spring Garden Kick-off|
On Friday, April 21, Mile High United Way is recognizing both National Volunteer Week and Earth Day with simultaneous volunteer projects that will be hosted by nonprofit partner organizations at multiple locations. Be a part of this day of impact by registering for one of the many projects!
Description: The project will be preparing for spring and include activities like turning compost, building new compost beds, turning soil, moving mulch, planting cold weather plants, and weeding.
Requirements: weather appropriate clothing, closed toed shoes, hats, gloves, snacks/water bottle,
Our instructions for the garden volunteers are as follows:
· Our Garden is located @ 655 Aspen Ridge Dr., Lafayette.
You will need to park on the South side of the building, or on the street in front. (Do not park in the front lot reserved for food bank participants). The Garden is to the West on the hill, look for the Colorful Shed! Come directly to the Garden.
· Garden volunteers need to dress for the weather, always wear closed toe shoes or boots, and layers. Please bring sunscreen & hats, and you may want to bring a water bottle and snacks. We have tools and gloves you can use, unless you would like to use your own.
· Please meet with a Staff Member upon your arrival. We will have a group general waiver for you to sign, give you a tour, and specify tasks to be done.
· We appreciate all your help, and your review of our core values statement on our website: www.sistercarmen.org.
· We operate on funds generated from our thrift store, and donations from individuals and groups such as yours! *Please let us know if you have a donation, or volunteer match contribution. We love food drives! Please notify us if you can help.
Day of Project Contact: Sister Carmen Community Center Garden Coordinator, Robyn Ragweth firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions and changes, please contact the Mile High United Way volunteer team at email@example.com.
|Open Date||Feb 16, 2023 3:00pm|
|Registrations||16 out of 16|
|Date & Time||Fri, Apr 21, 2023 9:00am - 12:00pm|
655 Aspen Ridge Dr.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Park on the street, or across the street at Walmart. Come to our Garden around the Left side, or South side of the building only