Futures Academy, a partnership with Colorado Youth for a Change and Aurora Public Schools
Futures Academy serves students ages 17 to 21 who have too few credits to receive a traditional high school diploma but are interested in furthering their education and pursuing post-secondary opportunities.
Tutors at Futures Academy will support individuals and/or small groups of students with learning experiences in Math, Social Studies, and/or Literacy.
You are welcome to join us in Humanities 1st and 4th periods and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and/or Mathematics) during 2nd and 3rd periods.
Period 1 8:45-9:50
Period 2 9:55-11:00
Period 3 11:45-12:50
Period 4 12:55-2:00
- Provide general in-class support (there's always somebody working on something!)-This requires the tutor to be outgoing and willing to take initiative in approaching students, asking questions, offering support.
- Provide one-on-one support to an identified student who has an individualized learning plan/specific goal (most likely in Math, but also Reading, Language, and Social Studies).-Comfort with pre-algebra, geometry, data analysis helpful; knowledge of English language development a plus.
- Talk about a Text (be provided with a text, a very specific reading/analysis routine, and a small group of students)-This requires the tutor to feel comfortable reading a 9 th-12 th grade level text out loud to students.
- Facilitate Writing Workshops (following a very specific protocol that teacher will provide) - However, this might not be an available option EVERY time they show up; it's dependent on student productivity
- Good communication skills and competency in English
- Understand and value diversity
- Willingness and capacity to work as part of a team
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- We ask for a full semester commitment at least 2x per month
If interested please email Adela at AdelaT@youthforachange.org