About Community Food Share
Community Food Share provides fresh nutritious food to those in need with a special emphasis on children, seniors, and other vulnerable members of our community. Approximately 45 local human service agencies rely on us for nutritious food to pass on to their clients. We continually collaborate with these partner organizations to find new ways to address the underlying causes of hunger.
When Community Food Share was founded in the early 1980s, food banks were still a relativity new concept across the United States and most were located in large metropolitan areas. However, with its smaller size, Community Food Share has been able to be more innovative in creating new programs to solve the issue of hunger in our community. This innovative spirit, combined with a budget of over $2.5 million in monetary contributions, $14 million in donated food, and 4,200 volunteers, has positioned CFS as a leader in our community’s effort to end hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties.
The Volunteer Coordinator provides assistance to and support for the Volunteer Manager by coordinating all volunteer functions within the organization, helping to strengthen organization programs and assisting to sustain a community of supporters. Along with helping match organizational needs with volunteers, this position will support the organization with the recruiting, training, scheduling, tracking and reporting of volunteer activities. This position is required to have open availability during the work week of Monday through Friday, with the ability to flex hours in a given day. Regular availability for weekend/Saturday activities may be expected as well.
Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, education, social work, business, management, or other related field of study or equivalent work experience. Significant relevant experience may be considered.
• One to three years’ experience and/or training in nonprofit or social enterprise environment highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Volunteer Hub preferred.
• Experience providing a high-level of customer service
• Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers' license, or have the ability to obtain one, and maintain a good driving record and acceptable MVR.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of volunteers, staff, constituents, and the general public. Confident and experienced in public speaking
• Ability to organize multiple simultaneous and synchronous activities, events, and people in a fast-paced warehouse environment. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to understand warehousing logistics and work flow.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Read, write and speak English fluently.
We are looking for someone who is
• Personable and upbeat
• Able to maintain a calm demeanor
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Flexible and adaptable
Pay range is $17.00/hour to $20.00/hour depending on relevant experience
We offer a great benefits package including:
20 days paid time off in the first year
9 paid holidays
95% employer paid Gold Plan health insurance
100% employer paid dental, life and disability
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com