Depending on time of year:
· January 3th – May 31st
· May 31st-August 17t
Thorne Nature Experience is a non-profit organization that is committed to building Earth stewardship by connecting youth to nature through joyful, hands-on, place-based environmental education experiences. Founded in Boulder, CO in 1954, Thorne has a rich history and has reached more than 300,000 children and adults through its programs. We are looking for help getting youth outside and connecting to the wild landscapes of Colorado!
All Volunteers and Interns work closely with Thorne staff with the goal of connecting youth to nature.
We are seeking:
Field Trip Teaching Volunteers: A four-hour commitment each week facilitating 2nd grade field trips in Boulder and Longmont.
After School Teaching Volunteers: Spend 2 hours each week co-teach after school programs. We have program locations at nine schools in Boulder, Longmont, Lafayette, and Broomfield.
Nature Preschool Teaching Volunteers: Start your mornings off right with 4 & 5 years old, facilitating deep place-based, nature connection.
Summer Camp Teaching Assistant Volunteers: Spend 2 weeks of the summer supporting Instructors and school age children explore the natural areas around them.
Administrative and Marketing Volunteers: Support our Administrative and Marketing teams complete fundamental organizational projects.
Full position descriptions are on Thorne's website. Please complete our online Volunteer and Intern Application to get started at Thorne!
Applicants must apply through Thorne’s website only. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 303.499.3647 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Info for Teaching Volunteer Postings ______________________________________________________________________
- Must be 16 or older
- A love of Environmental Education, Environmental Studies, Biology, Geology, Education, or related field preferred
- An interest or strong desire to work with children
- Some knowledge of Colorado ecology, natural science, or natural resources
- Desired skills: Bilingual Spanish/English
Category: Education, Teaching, Environment, Natural Resources
Expiration Date: Open until filled
1466 N. 63rd St.
Boulder, CO 80303
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.